Quick and easy question for you--> Are you in pain regularly? When you get out of bed is it not a pretty site? Everything is stiff, "ouch" with every step?
When you drive long distances is it almost a guarantee that your low back gets tight and hurts like no other?
Has it been so long that you've made the mistake of normalizing it?
I've talked to kids at PFP about this too-- kids unfortunately tend to say nothing but they are really experiencing pain from the improper lifting in the school weight room, the chronic overuse from running/cutting/jumping, and from not warming up or cooling down properly in sports.
Yesterday I was able to watch a dozen or more men, women, and KIDS at PFP lifting weights. I watched countless occasions where a person went to squat, lunge, or deadlift improperly and within 2 reps, thankfully, they were corrected by a coach.
The Scary and Unfortunate Reality: you can be ONE DEGREE off on a movement and if you do that movement over and over again, with more and more weight, the end result is pain and immobility.
If you’re off track by just one degree, after one foot, you’ll miss your target by 0.2 inches. Not a big deal, right? But…
- After 100 yards, you’ll be off by 5.2 feet. Not catastrophic, but noticeable.
- After a mile, you’ll be off by 92.2 feet. Now this is effecting you in a bigger way...
- If you veer off course by 1 degree flying around the equator, you’ll land almost 500 miles from where you want to be. NOT GOOD!
1. If you are in pain, your body is likely going in the wrong direction. Depending on the severity, you may need PT for a period of time. Let us assess you 1 on 1 or through a Fascial Stretching Session (see below) before going the PT route.
2. Get back on course, NOW! A movement screening is key. If you've been doing team training or group training, small groups would be a wise idea for a period of time- or even to compliment your large groups.
Results with pain is not something to be proud of. That is like a beautiful paint job on a car whose engine is about to blow.
3. Make a decision. Decide today that chronic pain will not be a way of life. Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and any other drug will cause long term damage after a while- exact opposite of what it is supposed to do!
We are here to help, just reply to this email and ask for guidance for yourself or your child!
Andrew Simpson and the PFP Team
P.S. This FST thing really works. This is one of dozens of unsolicited testimonials that have come to us. Reply to this email to get special pricing on your first session.