How do you “wait well?”
Yesterday at church our worship leader shared that she is in a season of waiting and she challenged us all to wait well.
Waiting for a new position at work
Waiting for the fruits of your labor to payoff
Waiting for an opportunity to show coach you are ready
Waiting for college acceptance letters and to get the “right one”
Waiting for the illness or injury to pass
Waiting for your spouse to get on board with something important
Waiting for your financial situation to improve
We all are waiting for something, all the time.
The question is, how can you thrive in the waiting?
- Remember all that you already have
- Remember the times where the waiting paid off, things worked out, God came through, etc.
- Keep doing the next right thing- doing so will keep you engaged in life instead of constant “wishing and waiting mode” may lead to something different but better than what you initially expected
- Discern wants from needs. Most of the things we are waiting for are wants, which isn’t a bad thing, but a posture of “I know I have all that I need, I am content and grateful” is a sure wait to wait well.
- Bless others while you wait. People who are seeking to serve rather than to be served always “wait better” than those who stay focused inwardly.
Happy Monday all, go out and be the light today 👊
Dedicated to your success,
Coach Andrew and the PFP Team
Join the PFP family now and get started by booking your success session