What is the reason for all of the hard work at practice? All of the training. All of the discipline, sacrifice, and passion of an athlete?
To play, of course.
I just witness another athlete go down with a career ending injury. Why?
"That would never happen to me" Mentality
- Waiting to get a stretch or massage after you get hurt and then waiting until you get hurt again = a "That would never happen to me" Mentality
- Waiting until you get hurt to finally say, "I will find a way to get to the gym to do recovery 1x/week in season" = a "That would never happen to me" Mentality
- Foam rolling for 90 seconds 2 days per week and saying, "Yep, I am doing adequate amounts of rolling and injury prevention" = a "That would never happen to me" Mentality
Chronic overuse injuries account for more than 50% of all college and youth sports injuries. Chronic overuse = preventable.
I know, for many of you, your athlete is in season right now. They are always in season. Whether it is 7:15 pm or Saturday morning, the pain of discipline is far better to deal with than the pain of regret.
Email us at email@example.com and we will get your athlete set up for their 1x/week in-season maintenance and recovery program.
This is just the physical injury piece. There are even more mental and emotional "injuries" kids are struggling with in-season nowadays.
- Coach benching me
- Coach not thinking before he calls me out, berates me, or questions my character
- Teammates being arrogant, rude
- Not performing to my best, struggling through a slump
- Self-sabotaging when I mess up
- Negative attitude after a failed attempt, leading to yet another bad play
If you want to make sure all of your athletes year round training, practice, and efforts result in a confident, healthy, successful season...let's work together to find a way!
email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: (240) 341-2921
Dedicated to your athlete's health and success,
Coach Andrew, Coach Travis, and the PFP Athlete Coaches